Friday, October 28, 2011

Live in Thanksgiving-- Daily

I am closer to being able to get back to designing and the regular blog posts.
Toady I really want to share something that has really touched my heart. I don't know if it is because of the season we are entering or if it is because this is something I really need to re-learn (probably both, but more of the later). If you will look at my header, my tag line is "Finding Joy Everyday in the Little Things". (Piccolina is a term of endearment meaning "little one"). I have not been feeling myself lately and just been sad about things and then I realized that it was because I was not looking for the joy in those everyday little things. Then last night, I came home from a girls night out, somewhat sadder then when I went there. Why? I really don't know why. I was checking some emails before going to bed and then decided to go to the website for my church. I stumbled on this video and found my answer to how I can find more joy in my life. To live in thanksgiving daily.

This video is great. I was struck by the part where it says, " Because we see things so often, we see them less and less." I have determined to stop and really take a look at the things around me (especially my little family) and to find the joy in them. I truly believe that true happiness is found when we have a grateful heart. When we realize, that even if we do not have all the things other do (money, friends, abilities, etc), we really are blessed, then there is the joy. There is a hymn we sing at church that says,
"When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed.
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessing; name them one by one,
and it will surprise you what the Lord has done."
( Count Your Blessings, LDS Hyms p241)
My goal is to remember this, when I am feeling discouraged or sad, to start living is thanksgiving. I am considering starting a gratitude journal to help me remeber and record things that are blessings, no matter how small. Do any of you keep gratitude journals? What are the small things that bring you joy?


If you would like to read the entire speeches that the text for this video came from, you can find it here: Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin~ Live in Thanksgiving Daily
President Thomas S. Monson~ The Divine Gift of Gratitude

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I could use that reminder too. And you are awesome. And I miss you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking some of you valuable time to leave a comment. They truly motivate me to keep creating.

You Might Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails