Friday, January 22, 2010

A new color

Thank you so much for all of your very kind comments on the Green Alpha. I put a lot of time into the alphas because they are such a unique part of the CMW kits. I am so glad you liked it. Before we get to the new color for today, I wanted to show off some of my decor to you. I am not usually one that decorates for all the holidays, usually just Halloween and Christmas, but I think I am becoming that way. Why? The house we live in has this little ledge between the front room and the kitchen. It sat bare for the first four months we lived here, but then I put some decorations on it for Christmas and loved it!! Now I think I will try to find seasonal stuff to keep it pretty. So, between the ledge and the windowsill in my kitchen, I will probably have a little something for every holiday.This is the ledge between the front room and kitchen. The vases are just vases I had and I stuffed red and white ribbon in them (bought at after Christmas sales at 90% off). The sign was made 3 years ago at a Super Bowl party. My friend Angie and her husband were hosting the party, and Angie wanted to make sure the ladies had something to do if they didn't really want to watch football. Such a sweet idea. The wreath is made from book pages. I saw the idea on Living With Lindsay and thought it was beautiful. I decided to do mine heart shaped and I painted the edges with red and gold paint instead of the brown and gray she used (you can kind of see the red in the close-up below). The sparkly stuff is just garland bought at after Christmas sales (90% off). Probably my absolutely favorite piece though in the heart garland. I love it. I saw a new year's one on the Purl Bee and thought it was adorable. I decided I needed one for Valentine's Day (and I will probably make more for other holidays). I just cut out hearts, ovals and circles from the felt and stitched them all together. The Purl Bee used invisible thread and only did one stitch. I used red, white and pink for three stitches (you can see them in the detail below). Not only did it make it oh so cute, it helped keep the hearts from turning upside down. I only used 8 sheets of felt for this, but ended up with OVER 30 FEET of garland, so I cut it into thirds and gave some to a couple of friends. I really do love it.The last picture is of my windowsill. I like to keep canning jars filled with colored water there (at Christmas it was different greens and red). I wish the picture was better. In the spring I have put white daisies in the jars as well. So simple, but I love the way the light catches it.
Ok, ok, enough showing off. Today we start Blue Violet. I cannot believe how close we are to getting all the Color My World kits done. We will have to figure out something else to do after they are done. I hope you enjoy it.

10 comments:

  1. Wow I love your talent and the decorations are beautiful. You really should run a business as a holiday interior decorator and I just love the colored water in the jars. Thanks for the first part of this kit and I just love all the elements and the color. Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for freebies. Link on your post was added to Lori's freebie list

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 5 post on Jan. 23, 2010. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the CraftCrave DigiFree search engine today (look for timestamp: [23 Jan 02:42pm GMT]).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for yet another color! This color my world is growing and growing and growing! So nice of you to share it all with us. I especially love the lace part! But there are so many useable parts and even more combinations with all the other colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah blue another wonderful color that I like alot. And your decor is awesome!! So cute and what a great way to celebrate the different holidays/occasions. It's great you have a place to do this. Thanks today's download. Hugs! Terri, Hawaii

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks this is great
    rkably

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking some of you valuable time to leave a comment. They truly motivate me to keep creating.

You Might Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails